The past few days I’ve been cleaning, tidying & organizing the studio for the upcoming advanced workshop – painting in thick layers. There are a few spots open, please email@example.com or text me at 604-736-5111. Workshop is 3 days: November 25-27, 9-4 each day, located in Central Coquitlam, BC, cost is $ 475 and covers the following:
This is a 3-day hands-on advanced abstract painting workshop with acrylics & mixed media with a focus on experimentation with various liquid and gel acrylic mediums as well as the opportunity to work on your own large abstract painting from start to finish.
– Review the basics of abstract painting: The 3 C’s and The 3 WOW’s.
– Dive into the creative process of building thick and multi-layered works by watching demonstrations and then working a single large piece and on multiple paintings of your own.
– Thinking in three dimensions as we build up our surfaces and textures using gel medium, modeling paste, heavy gesso, sand gel, gold mica flakes, and more.
– Create intriguing effects by removing paint using hand/electric sanding, scraping, & etching techniques.
– Integrating mixed media into your dry acrylic painting such as; collage elements, pencils, Conte, pastels, spray paint, found objects, gold leaf, mirror leaf, and more.
– Building tinted translucent glassy-look multi-layer of liquid acrylics with water-based polymer mediums.
– Creating clear glossy and glass-like finishes using acrylic water based polymer mediums.
– Finishing & overall integration techniques.
– Receive support in final critique and completion of your painting.
This workshop will allow for lots of painting time, with a focus on the creative process and participants receiving the support the start, process, and complete your own large abstract painting.
Includes workbook & handouts.